“Shaping our Future” – Wessex Deanery Faculty Development Forum
10-11 January 2013, The Haven Hotel, Sandbanks, Poole
Wessex Deanery is integral to the Wessex LETB and we have the exciting challenge of shaping not just our future, but the future of our health economy and all its workforce.
The forum celebrated the successes over the last year of our faculty and trainees, but the focus was on the critical role we are going to play in the LETB addressing the shape of future services and training needed to sustain our local NHS .
As usual, we had eminent speakers to lead discussions, including members from the Francis Inquiry and the Greenaway review of the Shape of Training. However, I was particularly pleased to welcome this year Paul Holmes and Allan Jolly, the Managing Director and the Director of Education and Quality respectively of the Wessex LETB .
We should be proud that the LETB has formed around the footprint of the Wessex Deanery. I am determined that the LETB will build upon the tradition and values of this amazing organisation, into the future.
Dr Simon Plint, Postgraduate Dean
- The Changing Landscape – Paul Holmes
- Identifying the Potential Doctor in Difficulty – Sue Crane
- The Shape of Training Review – Bill Reid
- Medical Revalidation for Doctors in Training – Mark Goodwin and Emma Torbé
- Medical Education and Patient Safety – Professor David Black
- Day One – Paul Sadler
- GMC Recognising and Approving Trainers – Rosie Lusznat and Richard Weaver
- Shaping Future Service – Dr Sarah Schofield
- Our Medium Term Strategy: Southern Health in 5 Years Time – Katrina Percy
- Wessex Deanery: Response to Shape of Training – Dr Peter Hockey