There are many benefits to good time management: getting more done, having less stress, feeling better about yourself and others as well as having more time to do the things you like to do.
Contrary to popular belief, time management is not about changing things ‘out there’, it’s more about becoming aware of your own personal tendencies and being willing to change some of them. Time management is synonymous with self-management.
Delegates will benefit by increasing their awareness of how they currently spend their time, identifying opportunities to be more productive and also exploring ways of getting more balance into their lives.
- Duration: Half-day
- Delivery: Virtual
- Methods: Lectures, discussions, breakout rooms, reflection time, and questionnaires
- Pre-event preparation: Delegates must print their PDF handouts and complete questionnaires ready for the session
- Post-event work: None
Please click the links below for more information about this masterclass:
Who can attend
– Wessex Training grade doctors (FY1+)
– Wessex SAS/Specialty doctors
– Wessex AHPs and senior nurses may attend as fee payers if places are available
If you do not meet the target audience criteria but have additional experience that you feel would be appropriate for you to attend this course, please contact us.
Aims and learning outcomes
– To increase awareness of how they currently spend their time
– To make more ‘conscious’ decisions about how they use their time in order to achieve the goals that are most important to them, both in work and home life.
– Explore a range of time management tools from which they can select those that meet their particular time-management needs.
Having attended this masterclass, delegates will be able to:
– Gain increased insight into how they are currently spending their time.
– Get clearer on the core goals they want to achieve. \
– Make assessments on where time can be saved.
– Identify a range of tools and techniques that will help them to use their time more effectively.
– Establish some steps they can take that will move them towards achieving a better work/life balance.
Associated GMC Generic Professional Capabilities (GPC)
Domain 1: Professional values and behaviours
– Managing time and resources effectively
Caroline has been in leadership roles for much of her working life, in the private, voluntary and public sectors.
Since completing further academic studies as an adult at university and then setting up and running her own business, Caroline has focused specifically on leadership development, supporting leaders at all levels of experience, from those just starting out to those in senior leadership roles.
Caroline has a master’s degree in Human Resource Management and is an Executive coach.
– Wessex training grade doctors and Wessex SAS/Specialty grade doctors are funded by Wessex, so no study leave claims will be necessary for course fees.
– Other delegates are required to pay a nominal fee.
Cancellation penalties may apply. Please refer to the Accent Course Manager Cancellation and Refund Policy.