- Monthly regional meetings with exposure to complex dermatology cases and rare conditions.
- Biannual Supra Regional South West of England and Wales Dermatology (SWEDS) meetings in different centres across the South Coast of England and Peninsular.
- Monthly Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) teaching sessions.
- Histology teaching sessions with discussion of clinical cases.
- Bi-monthly (Portsmouth) and monthly (Southampton) clinical meetings to review and discuss complex cases internally.
- Monthly Registrar-led regional teaching afternoon with guest speakers within Dermatology and from different specialties.
HEE Wessex also offers a large range of masterclasses in leadership, education, and management skills, all geared towards creating a well-rounded trainee. These courses receive excellent feedback and are highly subsidised for Wessex trainees.
We also have an excellent dermoscopy course run by dermatology consultants with a special interest in dermoscopy, which is also highly subsidised for our trainees.