Hospitals on the Wessex gastroenterology rotation include:
- Hampshire Hospitals, Basingstoke & Winchester
- The Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
- Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester
- St Mary’s Hospital, Isle of Wight
- Poole Hospital
- Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- Salisbury District Hospital
- Southampton General Hospital
Other opportunities for trainees
We are keen to support out-of-programme experience. Several of our hospital trusts offer endoscopy fellowships alongside the varied fellowships provided by HEE Wessex and we also have links to the liver transplant unit in Cambridge.
Many specialties also dual accredit with General Internal Medicine G(I)M. There is a comprehensive programme of training days arranged throughout the year covering the G(I)M curriculum.
There is excellent experience of unselected medical on-call available throughout the region.