University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
This programme offers pathology experience and education to foundation doctors alongside their two-year foundation training. This will involve longitudinally integrated pathology experience, an F1 pathology taster and F2 training block.
- Monthly pathology special interest sessions – half a day each month for the 2 year programme in the pathology department working with pathologists.
- F1 pathology taster – 1 week working in pathology during F1 following a bespoke timetable to gain experience of a range of pathology specialties.
- F2 pathology post – 2 month pathology block in or a 4 month post split equally between pathology and another specialty in F2.
- Pathology mentor – assigned a consultant pathologist mentor for the duration of the 2 year programme who they will meet regularly for supervision sessions.
- Pathology buddy – work with a named pathology doctor in training for support with their pathology work during the priority programme.
- Quality improvement project – opportunity to undertake pathology QI projects during their priority programme.
- National conference and education events – can use study leave to attend national pathology conferences and participate in local educational activities.
- Royal College of Pathologists – eligible to apply for RCPath Foundation Fellowship.