All new F1 doctors will be set up with a Horus ePortolio at the beginning of the training year. You will be given login details by the postgraduate education team at your employing hospital. More information about Horus will be provided during shadowing.
Horus ePortfolio helps foundation doctors to plan their learning and to evidence progress with the Foundation Curriculum. It contains:
- Personal Development Plans (PDPs)
- A record of meetings with your educational and clinical supervisors
- Supervised learning events (SLEs)
- Feedback about you from your colleagues and placement supervision group
- Reflective entries, summary narrative and other evidence
- Sign-off documents
It is the responsibility of the foundation doctor to keep their Horus ePortfolio up to date. It will be reviewed throughout your training, and ultimately used to review evidence during the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP).
Foundation doctors who require help with Horus should first attempt to contact the Foundation Programme Coordinator in the postgraduate education team at their hospital. Alternatively, the foundation school team can help with Horus queries. Please email us at email@example.com.