Wessex aims to do whatever it can to help produce doctors who are well-trained, with high standards of patient care. Wessex offers one training post per year, and the quality of the teaching is reflected in the high degree of trainee satisfaction in both open and endovascular surgery.
Wessex examination pass rates have been extremely high for more than a decade and many trainees succeed in making the transition to consultant roles.
Wessex offers the following sub-specialties:
- open and endovascular aortic surgery
- carotid surgery
- venous and endovenous training
- access surgery
- academic training
Training takes place at the following locations:
- Southampton General Hospital
- Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Oxford University Hospitals Trust
- Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, at the University of Oxford