The Practitioner Development Programme supports practitioners who wish to develop their portfolio of evidence against the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) Practitioner Standards.
Practitioners on the Wessex Public Health Practitioner Development Programme will benefit from a range of support and development opportunities.
The development programme includes:
- Induction Day – Practitioners are given clear instructions on what they need to do and how they will be supported to complete their portfolio.
- 1-2-1 sessions – supporting individuals plan their portfolio and the pieces of work they will use to demonstrate the Practitioner Standards.
- Insights Profile – an online psychometric Insights Discovery profile assessment to help Practitioners understand themselves. This is followed by a 1-2-1 feedback session.
- Portfolio Development Groups – action learning where Practitioners work through their pieces of work as a group.
- Masterclasses – support the knowledge development of Practitioners with respect to the Standards.
- e-portfolio – used by Practitioners to produce their electronic portfolios.