What is Public Health?
Public Health has been defined as:Sir Donald Acheson
“The science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through organised efforts of society”
Everyone can be involved in some way. This animation video shows what is involved in public health.
The Wessex School of Public Health aims to:
- Provide strategic leadership on the development of the core public health and wider workforces across Wessex.
- Provide quality training, education and development programmes to the public health and wider workforces in Wessex.
- Provide expert health advice and support to workforce development.
- Build public health capacity and capability through workforce development.
- Be an example of good practice nationally.