This 2-day mandatory training course is part of the Wessex induction for all doctors in postgraduate training rotating in Psychiatry, who have not trained in Psychiatry before.
The course provides doctors with an essential insight and overview of psychiatry and will support them in psychiatry placements.
All Wessex Foundation, GP and new CT1 doctors working in a psychiatry placement in Southern Health, Solent, IOW and Salisbury Trusts are required to attend.
The course includes:
- Introduction to Psychiatry placement
- History Taking
- Mental State Examination
- Managing De-escalation and Crisis
- Risk Assessment and Self Harm Review
- Legislation; Mental Health Act, DOLs, Capacity Act
- Introduction to the day & Reflection/Recap
- Physical Health Emergencies in Psychiatric Setting
- Management of Psychiatric Conditions
- Front line Psychology
- Washup for SHO’s
The course is held via Zoom. Invitation links are circulated closer to the training dates.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.