The Widening Participation – It Matters! strategy and Talent for Care strategic framework aim to ensure that the workforce in local healthcare is representative of local communities. Also, that progression and opportunities are based on merit, equal employment opportunities being accessible for all.
An active network across the Wessex region is working to:
- support individuals to develop in their long-term career, including with relevant qualifications
- provide a framework for staff at all levels, with an emphasis on improving opportunities for the support workforce
- focus on diversity, inclusion and widening participation from disadvantaged or underrepresented groups
- raise awareness of careers in health for young people and those wishing to join the NHS workforce
- support employers with their workforce supply, through programmes such as school engagement, volunteering, work experience, pre-employment activity, apprenticeships, and access to higher education and the registered professions
If you have any queries or would like more information, please email WorkforceTransformation.email@example.com