Over the last few years there has been a collaborative multi-professional Allied Health Professional (AHP) effort to develop, implement, and support AHP posts within Primary Care. The AHP workforce currently developing in primary care across the Wessex region includes:
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Primary Care AHP Network
Are you an AHP working in or considering a role in Primary Care? The Primary Care Training Hubs facilitate a bi-monthly HIOW Primary Care AHP Network. To find out more information, please visit the HIOW Primary Care AHP Network page.
– Advice on how to establish a remote ‘total triage’ model in general practice using online consultations (NHSE)
– Safety netting; best practice in the face of uncertainty (2020) Greenhalgh, S. et al. Musculoskeletal Science and Practice vol 48 102179
– SAFER: A mnemonic to improve safety netting advice (2020) Silverton, P. Practice Nursing 2020, Vol 31, No 1
– BMJ learning: Motivational interviewing in brief consultations
– Shared decision making should be an integral part of physiotherapy practice (2020). Hoffmann, T., Lewis, J., Maher, C. Physiotherapy (107). 43-49
– The skills, knowledge and attributes needed as a first‐contact physiotherapist in musculoskeletal healthcare (2019). Langridge, N. Musculoskeletal Care 17:253–260
– Primary Care: Dealing with uncertainty in general practice
– Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
– Identify your preferred learning style – VARK Questionnaire
AHP roles in other settings
Please visit the Allied Health Professionals page for information on AHP roles in other settings.